the -No Cheese- "cheese" casserole.
Faux Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
1/2 c. flour
1 c. unsweetened almond milk or other dairy alternative (such as soy, hemp, rice)
2 c. chicken broth
2 tbsp. Italian dressing (make sure there's no cheese in it)
2 tbsp. white vinegar
2 tsp. mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. onion powder
1 30-oz. bag shredded hash browns
8-10 Ritz crackers, crushed
Dairy free non stick spray (PAM works great!)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add flour and whisk for 1 minute to cook flour.
2. Slowly whisk in milk and chicken broth until smooth. Turn heat up to high and cook until mixture thickens to gravy consistency.
3. Add Italian dressing, vinegar, mustard, salt, and onion powder. Turn off heat.
4. In a large bowl, mix hash browns and sauce together until hash browns are coated.
5. Coat a 9 x 13 baking dish is dairy free non stick spray.
6. Pour hash browns into pan. Sprinkle crushed crackers evenly over top.
7. Bake for 40 minutes until thickened.
Serve with ham for dinner or breakfast with a side of mixed seasonal fruit.