Dairy Free Tuna Fish Casserole
Tuna Fish Casserole Recipe
1/2 c. Earth Balance buttery spread
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 c. flour
4 c. chicken broth (make sure it's egg free! Swanson's is.)
(2) 12 oz. canned tuna, drained
(2) 7 oz. canned mushrooms, drained
(1) 2.25 oz. canned sliced olives, drained
1 tomato, diced
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. seasoned salt
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
5-6 Saltine crackers
dairy free baking spray
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. In a large pot, boil pasta in salted water. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in another pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent.
3. Add flour to onions and whisk constantly for 1 minute.
4. Slowly add chicken broth, whisking constantly until smooth. Turn heat up to high. Whisk until mixture thickens to the consistency of gravy.
5. Turn heat off and add tuna, mushrooms, olives, tomato, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, seasoned salt and pepper.
6. Add pasta back into sauce mixture and stir to coat evenly.
7. Coat a 9 x 13 baking dish with non stick spray.
8. Pour pasta into baking dish.
9. Crush Saltine crackers and crumble over casserole. Lightly spray with non stick spray. This will make your crackers brown nicely.
10. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
This goes great with tomato soup! It's a wonderful winter dish that sticks to your ribs. My family loves it and I'm sure yours will too!